Located on the Forest Ridge campus in rural northwest Iowa, the Anita Cottage is a 15-bed residential treatment unit.
This unit primarily serves youth placed out of Utah. The young women residing at Anita cottage receive the core programming components and services that Forest Ridge offers to all youth placed in Residential Treatment programs. However, Anita cottage participates in specialized daily scheduling, community service, and specialized group facilitation unique to their needs.
Program designed for girls with significant patterns of multiple, unresolved emotional and behavioral issues.
- Ages 13-17 at admission with a need for staff-secure behavioral treatment
- On-campus Forest Ridge school
- Socially Interactive Environment
- Sexuality Education
- Trauma Informed Care
- Substance Abuse Education
- Community Service opportunities
- Recreation and Leisure opportunities, including Interscholastic sports
- Treatment design of 6 to 9 months, 1 to 5 staff to student ratio